I'm in love with Patty Young

OK Patty, nothing weird here but I'm so smitten by your fabrics and patterns I had to say it.  Looking forward to your twitter response, LOL!!

This weekend I finally got enough nerve to cut into Patty Young's Flora & Fauna fabric.  I hate cutting into fabric I love but this time I needed to do it.  I wanted to make Theresa a dress.  She's my oldest daughter and I'm at the point where I don't have tons of clothes in her size stashed away.  Plus, I plan on making her and her sister's Easter dresses so I needed to practice.

So I decided on Patty Young's Frida dress pattern.  Why?  Well, one of my favorite online shops, Above All Fabric sells the patterns and fabrics as a kit.  And I bought a bunch so I could try it out.  I also thought the Frida style would be cute as an Easter dress using the eyelet fabric I've been holding onto for this project.

So this past weekend I started it and in less than 24 hours I had a gorgeous dress that I, my husband and Theresa especially loved!

 

It was so easy, very well written and the fabric choices from Above All Fabric was perfect.  And I have to say, that kit was overly generous.  I ordered a size 6 but I got more fabric than I needed (as Melanie told me, it's to make sure there's enough if I wanted to make the style that calls for the most fabric and use it also for the lining) that I could probably use the rest for another size 2/3 dress (my 2 year old would love that!) or make a matching American Doll outfit - hehe, yes I have that pattern too.

Here's Theresa with the dress, did I mention before that she doesn't like having her picture taken?
Pin It

4 comments:



fabricfamilyfun said...

Love it!!!! Just love love love it :-)

Jennifer said...

I was gushing again and again about how much fabric came with my kits to my husband. lol

I feel your pain about cutting into fabric you love. Ugh I hate it! So I chant to myself "It's only fabric, It's only fabric!"

Your dress turned out so cute. =) I've just finished putting the pockets on my 3somes. Going kind of slow because I'm doing only a little each night when the kids are finally in bed.

Maries Cottage said...

This is really super sweet!

PaperFlora2 said...

Soooo cute...
please checkout my blog too

thanks

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
There was an error in this gadget

Beautiful Blooms's Fan Box

Beautiful Blooms on Facebook
There was an error in this gadget