I'm back!

I'm back!  Well, I actually haven't gone anywhere, would've loved to have gone to Quilt Market, but that's another blog sometime.  I've just been off the blogging, tweeting, facebook radar for a bit with the weather turning warmer, means I'm outside with the kids more, and custom orders.  It's been non-stop, not complaining, it's great actually.  Orders are good and I'll post pictures in the next few blogs.  But first...

It's Try-It-Tuesday!!!

One of the things I love to do is test out patterns for designers and give input on how easy or not it was to follow, how well or not it was written, etc.  It's like being an editor but I actually have to go through the pattern and make it, so I'd say I'm a "SEW-ditor"?  I think I like that better than Pattern Tester, kind of like a "Domestic Engineer."  Anyways, I digress...

So my Try-It-Tuesday feature this month is Two Peas in a Pod's Patsy Ann Apron Top!  I met Trish on Twitter and she was looking for testers and I volunteered.  I'm so glad I did.  She gave me the opportunity to test out her Apron top and I made a couple.  I've been dying to show them off on my blog but I had to wait until she was ready.  In the meantime, my girls modeled them for me at school!!

 

This is Kathleen wearing the size 2T I made using Patty Young's Mezzanine prints.  She's wearing it on top of a simple pink dress she already had but the apron top really added so much more to it!   I had so many compliments and inquiries.

The pattern is great for a beginner!  Simple, well laid out and so much fun to make!  They can be done in less than 3 hours, just like the rest of her "pea-sized patterns."  And the sizes range from 2T to 9.  You can purchase her pattern directly through her website or they'll be available on her etsy shop by June.  Or if you'd rather not sew and would like to have me make you a custom one, contact me directly!

I'm thinking of making a matching top for myself and a matching dress for an American Girl doll.  The pattern doesn't include those sizes but I'm sure I can figure it out from what Trish had laid out.Pin It

3 comments:



Trish said...

Thank you so much for testing! She looks adorable in it! I hope you get loads of orders for it!

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

How cute is that???? I love it!

~Kim

SarahB said...

So cute! Love how you aligned the diamonds on the band!

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Beautiful Blooms's Fan Box

Beautiful Blooms on Facebook